Getting to know Jersey project
Calling all Jersey families...
My name is Rachel; I am a nature-loving family and pet photographer who loves to create beautifully real images using the great outdoors as a stunning backdrop.
I have recently re-located to Jersey in the Channel Islands and can't wait to explore every inch of this stunning island; this is where I would like your help.
Throughout September I will be out exploring the local areas with my camera in hand, and I would love to do this with the families and their pets who live here.
As a thank you for showing me your favourite outdoor local spots, I will gift an hour's photoshoot and 5 free high-resolution images.
A little bit about me and my approach...
My photographs are taken using natural light only because of its gorgeous soft quality and how it changes through the day and seasons. I work with the stunning colours and details of nature to capture emotive and authentic pictures of real family connections. No posing or forced smiles. My outdoor sessions are relaxed and playful - you should leave feeling like you’ve been for a walk with a friend with a bit of silliness thrown in.
How to nominate your family...
To take part in my 'getting to know Jersey' project please complete the form below. I will read through all of the entries and will be in touch with the families that are successful. I am really sorry that I won't be able to work with everyone, but I very much appreciate your interest! Note: please also refer to my terms and conditions below.
Terms & Conditions
- Families entering should live on the island of Jersey in the Channel Islands
- The families selected will be chosen at the photographer’s discretion based upon the locations suggested
- The photoshoots will take place throughout September and early October
- 5 colour high-resolution images will be gifted to the family and if more than 5 are taken it will be the family's choice which images they would like
- Any professional photographers or those planning on becoming a professional photographer are unable to enter
- The resulting images will be shared on social media and my website, Rachel Hughes Photography
- All standard Terms & Conditions apply. See here for details.